Thursday, November 1, 2007

In everything give praise...even through the shit times

Hi Everyone,

Thanks again for logging on to read my blog, yesterday was one of the worst days I've had. It started off with one fine on top of the $5 coupon that I had already placed on my car's dashboard. After that I was hit with a wave of tiredness and ill-feelings in my stomach...thereafter I was rushing to the production house for my fitting for this Sunday's Sony HD TV commercial and got fined again! It was my fault for misreading the parking fees. I thought it was free after 5pm but it wasn't.

On top of that I couldn't fit in the bride gown that my casting crew had gotten for me. So we had to drive down to Club Street to pick up another three for the clients to approve.

Today, on the other hand started off well with some interesting research for this Saturday's' Business Networking Session at the Central library. It was than followed by an intense personal training session at Fitness First. All this running around made my accumulated tiredness reach a peak. So it lead me to leave my $80 that I drew out of the ATM machine in the machine without realising.

Man! I cried out to God asking why this was all happening to me. However I thank God for giving me a quiet and forgiving spirit. I decided that there was no use in complaining or even cursing as it wouldn't make me or the person hearing my grief feel any better. So I decided to see it as a time to bless our government and hope for more green trees in Singapore....and see my $80 be a blessing to the next person who picks it up.

So why am I writing about all this in this blog? Well, I decided to encourage anyone out there who is facing trials and tribulation in your life. In everything give thanks and continue praising God, cause its easy to say thank you and be cheerful during the good times..but it take character building to rough it out during the bad.

God watches our heart in every circumstance and we need to continually seek Him and ask for His favour. We need His grace to cover us everyday and every hour and his love to protect us from all harm....and lost of money.

I hope you have been blessed and learnt to rejoice in your bad times. Remember its not how we fall but how we forgive ourselves and pick ourselves up a fall. FALL FORWARD not backwards. Think of it like a rugby game where your goal is to gain ground and ultimately score that goal. There is no reward in falling backwards and complaining.


God bless everyone!

Jacyln Chan
www.purposedpassion.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jacyln, was just browsing thru yr site, and i would like to contribute some ideas to help single parent kids of the modern day. I can give some perspectives on both guys & girls reaction towards certain situations in singapore..just tot it mite be of some help. anyway, all the best in yr quest for peace! if there's anything, just drop me an email at --> fabbiebabbie@hotmail.com

have a gd day!
Fabian

Jacyln Chan said...

hi fabian,

thanks for leaving me this comment. i will love that you contribute to my blog! thanks that would mean a lot to me. i've been super busy at work that this has sadly been put aside for the moment.

tell me more about yourself!

thanks again

jacyln

Anonymous said...

hi jacyln,

well,, i wldnt call myself an expert on the subject, but i believe what i can do will be of much help to u and yr team members. For now, its abit hard to explain, becos each case to me is very hard to decipher without and knowledge or backgroud. I'm not too sure what it is that ure looking at to do, but do let me noe more abt what it is that u focus on main, eg orphans, single parent kids, neglected'isolated teens etc.. those kinda stuff. im not too sure if im being very clear, but maybe if u have a form or something i can contribute. Thanks for the help, all the best for doing god's work.

Fabian

Anonymous said...

oh, my background is im a single child now all grown up wrking on my own. my parents have been seperated since i was 2 yrs old, and have been living with my mum since.

i think that shd be enough for now=)

Anonymous said...

Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be.- James 3:10

Jacyln, Pls refrain from praising God and cursing in the same sentence. Thanks.

Jacyln Chan said...

ok,

point taken daniel. btw, which daniel tan are you? darius' friend from LA?

and which sentence were u referring to? the title?